cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify GX6021 not printing color correctly

Marci
Contributor

I continue to have problems with this printer printing color correctly after I refilled the ink. I have done deep cleaning of the nozzles twice without success. Attached are photo comparions -- the one on the right is printed accurately; the one of the left is too yellow/green and none of the red prints. I'm also attaching the test page that printed. I have no idea what this page means.

Any help will be most appreciated. I'm working on a photo project and cannot move forward without this printer working properly.DSC06931-1.jpgDSC06933-1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. I called a Canon Tech support person who walked me through the process. It has been resolved. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Marci,

The test print is showing that the magenta and cyan ink can't get to the paper. This could be caused by a problem with the color print head or air in the ink lines. You can try reseating the color printhead using the steps in the link HERE. While reseating the print head, you can inspect the color ink lines that are attached to the print head carriage. If they are empty or if there are gaps in them, you would need to perform a color only ink flush to clear the air from the lines.

Thank you. I called a Canon Tech support person who walked me through the process. It has been resolved. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements