cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 Printing issues from Canon Professional Print & Layout

srboynton
Apprentice

I print on a Canon Pro-1000 connected via USB to a windows 11 PC.  I had been printing using either PS or LR (both most recent versions) but loaded Professional Print & Layout for more accurate printing with fewer 'reprints'.  The plug-ins for Professional Print & Layout are loaded and fully functional in both LR & PS.  Photos correctly load from LR & PS into Professional Print & Layout and all is good until I press print.

I get an error in the print Q stating to check the UI (not sure what this is) or the printer panel - no further info.  I note that the printer que shows an IP address for the Pro-1000 - should it if connected by USB cable and the LAN setting set to USB?

I can still print directly from PS and/or LR.  can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

srboynton
Apprentice

embarrassed to say - the issue was in Professional Print & Layout set-up - it selected the printer and forced an IP address even though the printer was configured in the printer and PC as USB (both wireless and network configurations were not made).

I forced Professional Print & Layout to recognize a USB printer and everything works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

srboynton
Apprentice

embarrassed to say - the issue was in Professional Print & Layout set-up - it selected the printer and forced an IP address even though the printer was configured in the printer and PC as USB (both wireless and network configurations were not made).

I forced Professional Print & Layout to recognize a USB printer and everything works.

Announcements