cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4450 Windows 8 Driver

SEALBoy
Contributor

When can we expect proper working drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1 x64 for this printer?

Right now the scan function is extremely fickle and if the Toolbox fails to detect the scanner sometimes I have to remove the drivers and reinstall them (even a restart doesn't always work).

This is very frustrating as I need to scan documents on a regular basis.

If this is the sort of support I can expect from Canon then I will never be buying one of your products again.

26 REPLIES 26

Forget it man, I threw my printer away and got a nice Dell one that works without any problems.

If Canon wants to insist there is nothing wrong with their drivers, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with me never buying from Canon again, either.

But I like this printer! It works great on my Win7 machine. I'd hate to throw it away just because Canon couldn't make a driver update since December 2012 (when the PDF that says I need to restart my computer every time I want to scan was generated). 

Come on Canon. Please?

wrecklessnl
Apprentice

I got the exact same problem here.  Funny thing was I bought this printer at staples to use windows 8.1 on it.  But guess what im no further ahead.  Runs perfect in windows 7.  But 8 is a nightmare.  I won't go back to windows 8 until there is a new driver.  I tired of seeing Excuses from canon in the forums about the issue.  Open your eyes my friends.  You make an amazing product.  Just fix the Scanning issue on this one.  I don't want a work around i want a permanent fix for the issue.  UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!!!.

Until its fixed.  Guess i will stay rocking windows 7.  Sucks i bought windows 8 and can't use it.  I refuse to put all the time in formatting my machine until i know the windows 8 driver works as it should.

First and last canon printer i will buy.

After receiving no reply for months--and calling Canon only to be told that the driver is fine--I sold my printer. Then I bought an HP new. It is almost as good and is half the price--and it includes wireless! Oh, and it works with Windows 8, which came out in AUGUST OF 2012!!

Canon, you could have probably sold me and my company 10-20 printers over the next 40 years. That profit alone would have easily paid to fix the four lines of code that are screwing up this driver.

I solved the problem by using an old laptop with Windows XP Pro as a dedicated print server.  It is, however, rather ridiculous that I have to run an old operating system on an old laptop to make this printer work.  If I want to scan something, I have to use the old laptop to do this but then I can access the scanned image from any other device on the network.

As luck would have it, the cabinet I have been using as a printer stand was EXACTLY the right size for the printer and laptop, but it is serioulsy silly that I have to run another computer just to make this printer useable.  

IMG_3544.JPG 

I've been fighting this battle for a year now. After reading this thread I'm about done too. I'm gonna try to use a laptop w/ windows 7 also, but if there is no driver update I will be buying a new device. Canon will lose my business as well. It is a shame - great machine but no support.

wrecklessnl
Apprentice

Hey Canon,

So I walk into staples a couple years ago.  Find this sale on this printer. and ask is this windows 8 compatible.  They said i think so.  I look on my phone got drivers I said.  Wanted a windows 8 printer.  Great price so i said canon must be good so I bought it.

Gets it home and haves a hell of a time getting the scanner to work in windows 8.  Brutal.  

NOW i have a copy of windows 8 here that i paid for this tower and i can't use it becuase of your lack of customer service for this printer.  Ive read all the comments the instructions etc.  Im a tech by trade.  I understand how that all works.  Someone needs to revise this  driver.  For heaven sakes it even admits to scanning problems in a pdf file contained with the driver.  Guess when windows 10 hits.  your still not going to care about the printer i bought.  Ill be going back to HP.  Never had much issues with HP.  

FIX YOUR DRIVER!!!.  Im not the only person here who has this problem.  REVISE IT FOR WINDOWS 10!!.

Thanks,.

pissed off customer..

Announcements