Did you mean: 

My cannon MF8280cw

littlebarn
Apprentice

Black lines print out on my paper.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi littlebarn!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about  any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi!

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.  My printer is connected as wifi.  I have no error messages.  My print outs have black smudgy lines across the right sides of the pages.  I attatched a sample of the printout.

Stacyprintout sample.JPG

I got an email inregards to my question, but it won't go to the link to see the response.  How do I view the responses to my question?

Hi, littlebarn!

If you're having trouble clicking on the link in the email response, the web site or application you're using to read your email might not be handling the link correctly.  

If simply clicking on it doesn't take you anywhere, there are two other ways you can get to the proper destination:

1. If the URL is fully visible (beginning with "http://"), highlight it and copy it, and then paste it into the address bar of another browser tab.

2. If the URL is not visible and you've got a "Click here" message or something similar, right-click on it and choose "Copy link location" or "Copy shortcut."  The exact wording may vary depending on the browser you're using, but the result is the same.  This will copy the URL and you can then paste it into the address bar of another browser tab.

If problems persist, either with viewing the link or with your printer, we recommend that you contact our tech support team by telephone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for real-time help from a live agent.  We're open weekdays from 8 AM to 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

littlebarn
Apprentice

Will you review my attatchment and inform me why these black smudgey lines appear on my paper when I print any document.

Announcements