cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4150 on Windows 10

valeriu28
Apprentice

Hello, I've recently bought a new machine for the front office desk which has the specified printer attached to it (Canon MF4150). Problem is the printer didn';t had any issues since im here like at least 2-3 years and now when I bought the new machine I installed Windows 10 on it, went to the website got both drivers and MF Toolbox , printing works no problem even on network but the scanner doesn't work saying its not connected or that the status is offline ; i reinstalled the driver/mf toolbox at least 2-3 times by now and I don't really know what to do. Can anyone please give me a solution to this ? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Venus1
Apprentice

Hello,

Can you tell me how did printer work on Surface pro3, windows 10? I am having hard time. It did woek before and now suddenly stop working.  

Laniej
Apprentice

Hi. Did you ever find a solution to your problem? If so, what was it? I have the same situation. Windows 10 and Canon ImageClass MF4150 will not work.

Thanks!

Hi LanieJ.

I will be able to assist you.

It is recommended that you download and install the scanning patch for Windows 10.  Please click the link below for more information:

Service Notice: Windows Scanning for imageCLASS

If you continue to experience an error with the scanning function, we recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666.  Our telephone technical support group will be glad to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i am also having this problem. I have a new laptop running windows 10 and i get an error message whenever i try to print something. i've downloaded new drivers and stll get the message. i tried to print on my old laptop and it works fine. Any idea what could be wrong? 

Thanks. 

@path1129 wrote:

i am also having this problem. I have a new laptop running windows 10 and i get an error message whenever i try to print something. i've downloaded new drivers and stll get the message. i tried to print on my old laptop and it works fine. Any idea what could be wrong? 

Thanks. 

Suggest you stick to one thread and not resurrect a 4 yr old post.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/officeprinters/message-id/10685

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have similar problem with printer Canon MF4150 after i reinstalled Windows 10. Initially this printer was connected to the same computer with Win 8, but after i reinstalled the OS i can't print anything, even test page. I can see this printer in the system (Win 10 recognizes it), but that about it, no printing. Please HELP!

Just for the record, I tried all previously mentioned fixes listed in Canon forums and MS forums. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Buba,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When you try to print from your computer do you get a specific error code or what happens?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?

Hi Hector,

1. No specific error message, the file just sits in the queu without printing. 

2. Printer is connected via USB cable. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Buba,

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can right click on any connections for the printer and then you can select remove device. Once all the connections have been removed, you can disconnect the USB cable from the printer. You will need to cancel any jobs waiting to be printed to remove a printer connection. Once the connections have been removed, you can download and install the recommended drivers using the link provided HERE. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup prompts the cable connection. Once the setup is complete, you can try printing again to see if it works.

Announcements