cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective 1DX Mk ii

karynschiller
Contributor

I thought I was so lucky to have scored one of the first bodies from B&H.  Not so  much.  This flagship pro camera has NEVER workekd properly.  It is now back at Canon again (3rd repair) for the same issue - focus keeps slipping.  3 weeks later and I'm still waiting.  So I'm out nearly $7,000 and thats without counting the thousands spent on trips to shoot wildlife only to come back with soft images that are unusable.  Canon - DO THE RIGHT THING. Replace my body with a working one.

14 REPLIES 14

What's the nature of the focus problem? Front or back focus? Overall blurriness? Incorrect AF point selected? Something else?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"This flagship pro camera has NEVER workekd properly. "

Are you certain it is the camera?

"(3rd repair) for the same issue..."

It seems unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely Canon fails 3 times in a row.  Only saying this to help you get the results you desire.  You need to make sure you understand how the 1D Mk II operates.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

karynschiller
Contributor
Why would you say that without knowing anything about me and my Photography!! I know exactly what I’m doing. And today canon corporate called me to confirm that indeed the engineer agreed! Despite the third “repair” 2 weeks ago from which it was sent by Canon directly to him for verification, the focus was still not working properly. So I am getting a refurbished body w new warranty as a replacement. I don’t believe the camera failed 3 Times. Rather, that it was never working properly despite the purported repairs

"Why would you say that without knowing anything about me and my Photography!"

Because it commonly happens.  Not unusual to buy a new camera and not know how to use it.  Even by the pros!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

karynschiller
Contributor
Not back or front focus. Just soft. Period.

karynschiller
Contributor

Update -- Canon finally agreed.  Their engineer found that notwithstanding the body having been shipped directly to him from repair, for verification that the repair was successfully done, (upon my insistence), that there was still a problem with the focus.  So they offered me a refurbished body as a replacement.  Now it is one week later and I am still waiting to get my lens back. At Canon's request I had shipped my most frequently used lens with the camera so they could be sure it wasn't the lens. No one calls me back from customer service or bothers to email me and let me know when it will be sent to me. And this service is from the Executive Customer Service! Wow. Canon has a long way to go in keeping its customers happy. 

Hello Karyn.

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums. We're sorry to hear about this. We have forwarded this over and someone will be contacting you shortly.

We thank you for your continued patience. 

Glad to hear someone is responding.  Thank you.  The Executive Rep not responding to me or giving me any information is Jennifer

I guess your follow up worked- I just heard that the lens is being shipped today.  The reason for the delay - that it was being checked.  Yet when I asked last week on our call about the defective body if the lens had been checked, I was told that it had been and was found to be fine.  It is all about customer expectation  management.  Don't BS.  Just be truthful.  That earns you much better appreciation than constantly moving the goal posts. 

Announcements