cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 firmware update stalled?

Margohunt
Apprentice

Hi- I have the R7. I used the iPhone app to download the update onto my memory card and followed the prompts to update the firmware (1.1.0 to 1.4.0), but it seems to be stalled and I can’t select “ok” to start the update. I’ve waited 15 min without OK being an option. Ideas?

IMG_4903.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please use the control dial (rear) of camera to move focus to "ok".  This will be a tap at the "3 o'clock" position.  Then press the set button to perform the update.  Do not touch any buttons or controls while the operation is performed.   

If this is not possible, let us know and we'll provide further troubleshooting.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please use the control dial (rear) of camera to move focus to "ok".  This will be a tap at the "3 o'clock" position.  Then press the set button to perform the update.  Do not touch any buttons or controls while the operation is performed.   

If this is not possible, let us know and we'll provide further troubleshooting.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Margohunt
Apprentice

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for your reply and feedback.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements