cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Control Dial quality issue on R6 MK II

zaket39
Apprentice

Does anyone have similar issue as this video? I bought a refurbished R6 MK II and the quick control dial didn't feel right. It felt shabby and was making different clicking sound when in particular positions (when my thumb is on lower left side vs right side).

So I decided to return it and bought a new R6 MK II instead, and it has the same issue! Functionally it is working, but I just can't get it off my mind that this is some poorly built control and potentially a defect.

Does anyone else's R6 MK II have same issue?

I have a video of this issue which I couldn't directly post here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying your issue.  TBO, on checking with R6II, it does sound slightly different on the bottom left compared to the other quadrants, but I have never had an issue with the operation of the camera and actually not really been aware until you brought it up! 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Zak:
My R6II has no such issues. Feels just like my R6 and R5 units, actually.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for confirming Trevor. My issue is that when my thumb is on lower left side of the circle the click sound is different than when it is on the right side. 

I've gone to local electronics shop to test quick dial of other models and it definitely felt and sounded different.

Thanks for clarifying your issue.  TBO, on checking with R6II, it does sound slightly different on the bottom left compared to the other quadrants, but I have never had an issue with the operation of the camera and actually not really been aware until you brought it up! 

cheers, TREVOR

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

It appears your R6 MK II is functioning correctly as @Tronhard (Trevor) pointed. I have a different camera (5D MK IV) and its quick control dial feels the same way. Yes it does make clicking sounds. So I do not believe your camera has a problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I had to check my R6m2 as soon as I saw this, and yes, I lightly hear the sound as well.  It seems to have zero effect on anything though.  So then I grabbed the 13 year old 60D... similar sound.  Guess it's pretty normal.

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The difference could simply be the angle of the pressure you are applying as you turn the wheel.  It varies as you make a full rotation.  What happens if you use your other left hand?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements