cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting R6 Mark II via USB to iPhone to use Mobile File Transfer

robmzynski
Contributor

I need to connect via USB, and Mobile File Transfer will not recognize and connect to my R6 using the preferred cord.

Any ideas why?

14 REPLIES 14

I have reset communications settings and the process it reaches here: Canon : Product Manual : Mobile File Transfer : Transfer images over wired connections (start.canon) and never connects, so I cannot move on

robmzynski,

If you find MFT to be frustrating, perhaps Dropbox might be an alternative?

Do a Google search for "Dropbox and FTP"

Steve Thomas

Lol, that is where I want to transfer the files to

The_Randall
Apprentice

Have you gone into settings > wrench > page 5, choose USB Connection App. You probably need to make sure it's on Photo Import / Remote Control.

Stephen

Not all USB cables are created equally. You must use a cable that is capable of not only performing a data transfer, but it also needs to act as an "On The Go" (OTG) cable to transfer data from one device to another when both devices are usually intended to connect to a computer. This is why very specific cables are mentioned in the manual. A normal USB C or Lightning to USB cable won't work. (If you're using USB C, you want thunderbolt 3 or 4 specs. If you're using lightning (iPhone 14 and older), you want Thunderbolt 3 or 4 to Lightning.)

Please just remember - I'm a nerd and I've done this research for my own stuff - not for Canon. 😊

Announcements