cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades from Rebel T7

andrewgeltz
Apprentice

Hello, I'm looking into upgrade paths for my current setup:

Canon EOS Rebel T7 with 18-55mm kit lens, canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM.

I mostly do photography for my wife's dance studio which involves a lot of stage/indoor with varying lighting conditions but also a lot of community performances at outdoor events (shade and Florida direct sunlight). Also once per year we do picture week with the kids in costumes in front of a white backdrop with umbrella lights so more of a portrait deal.

My biggest issues with my current setup are the autofocus speed/accuracy, dealing with "low lighting" conditions when shooting with suboptimal lighting with a fast shutter speed, and I run into the limits around the T7's shots per second when trying to capture quick movements. 

Budget-wise I could probably spend ~$500-600 but there's some wiggle room if the value/$ is there. I realize with my current lenses I'm kind of stuck with a crop sensor but I haven't really been disappointed with the image quality so far.

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here are some options:

Should I Get the Canon EOS R100 or Rebel T7? (the-digital-picture.com)

Refurbished EOS R50 RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit (canon.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements