farooqi1206
Contributor

Canon firmware update 1.2.0.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

The image, on its own, is not very informative, so explaining what is going wrong would be helpful. 

At a guess, I suspect your update is stalled at 99%  completion - is that correct?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for the reply.

It did not reach 100% and resetting with battery removal did not work.

Is your camera able to start up again, or is it now dysfunctional?
Did you have a fully-charged battery and a clean, Full-Sized SD card for the firmware?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yes, you are right. The camera is dysfunctional. I have followed the instructions in the manual, but still, the issue persists. I have inserted a new battery and an SD card.

"Can you please explain how to reset the camera without having to update the firmware?"

Thank you for responding, but you did not answer my questions in order to assist you.
Just to be clear...  Will the camera turn on normally?  Can you see a display of some kind.  For example if, having turned it on, you press the Menu button, do you get to see the menu?

cheers, TREVOR

I have been waiting for an hour, but my device is still stuck at 99% completion. Additionally, the camera is not functioning properly and requires me to remove and reinsert the battery. Even after doing so, I am still receiving the same message and it continues to reach 99% againWhatsApp Image 2024-01-31 at 05.39.09_c8b0f293.jpg. None of the buttons on the device seem to be working.

Regards Farooqi

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the FW update did not complete and the camera does not function "dysfunctional", there is no way to reset the camera or its settings to defaults.  You will need to contact Canon Support and send it in for service and/or repair.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for keeping me updated about the camera reset. I found a suitable location to have it checked at a repair shop.

Regards Farooqi

Announcements