cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for mirrorless upgrade from EOS Rebel T2i

hawkcl
Apprentice

It’s time for me to upgrade from my t2i (550) to mirrorless. Been using this camera for over 15 years and have enjoyed its features many years. Current lens I have now are 70-200mm 2.8 IS III, 135mm 2.0 and old dusty 50mm 2.8. I live in northern Sweden where I have access to nature in my backyard/forrest/nature reserves. I also do a lot of sport photography (basketball/soccer) for my kids this why I purchased and 70-200mm. I have been looking at a R7 for a while now and reason being is that I want a compact camera that can handle those needs for documenting vacations, birds/nature, and sports. I have a budget for the r7 and if I need range I don’t mind buying a lens that can reach birds/owls or other wildlife. Would appreciate any tips or advice. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The R7 sounds like a good bet. If you get the EF to RF adapter from Canon you don't need to replace all your lenses yet. Though getting the RF-S 18-150 would be a good walking around lens.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Would appreciate any tips or advice."

Fortunately in your case any R series camera will be a significant upgrade. Pick the one you like best.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements