cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect canon R50 to OBS or Zoom

SNejmi
Apprentice

As you know, the new R50 has an streaming option in the menu, as i have seen in youtube, many ppl are using it to capture videos through OBS or zoom or even Tiktok.
The method is really easy: In the settings menu number 4 there is a (choose USB connection app), you just need to choose the stream option (the second), then the streaming program will detect it directly.

I did the same as plenty tutorials but none of the apps mentioned above are detecting my camera, and it is always on standby mode not live.

I changed the port, i changed the usb cable, i even deleted the eos utility but it is just not working.

the obs is still detecting only the eos utility, and its always since beginnig a black screen, no video/image.
my firmware is 1.1.0
Is there a solution please?

I  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SNejmi,

Thanks for checking in..

Once you set the camera to STREAMING in the menu, you should be able to connect by USB, although you would need to conform that the platforms you're trying to use support UVC/UAC connections.

If that's not happening, check to make sure that the camera is set to shoot videos, not stills.

Note that we have two programs with similar names. EOS Utility is for downloading images from the camera, while EOS Webcam Utility is for live streaming and will not work properly if EOS Utility is running in the background.

Have you installed a version of EOS Webcam Utility? You can find the latest version by visiting the link below:
https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility

If problems persist, can you share a screenshot of what happens when you try to connect on a program like OBS?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SNejmi,

Thanks for checking in..

Once you set the camera to STREAMING in the menu, you should be able to connect by USB, although you would need to conform that the platforms you're trying to use support UVC/UAC connections.

If that's not happening, check to make sure that the camera is set to shoot videos, not stills.

Note that we have two programs with similar names. EOS Utility is for downloading images from the camera, while EOS Webcam Utility is for live streaming and will not work properly if EOS Utility is running in the background.

Have you installed a version of EOS Webcam Utility? You can find the latest version by visiting the link below:
https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility

If problems persist, can you share a screenshot of what happens when you try to connect on a program like OBS?

SNejmi
Apprentice

I found The issue, it was just be reinstalling my windows, it was a driver issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements