cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 200-800 still on back order?

Rutledge
Apprentice

It’s now January 8 and Canon is STILL saying this lens is on back order and offering nothing further. I expect a lot more from them. I pre-ordered mine from B&H photo in NY on 11/2/23. My friend ordered hers after me, directly from Canon. I didn’t realize that was an option. She received hers last week. Today, I again got a “back order” status from B&H. These orders are not being processed in the order received. Incredibly disappointing.

21 REPLIES 21

flyers1kak
Contributor

Definitely frustrating. I pre-ordered on announcement day and chose Amazon pay. After a month, and with no notice, I got an email from Canon that my order was cancelled. It seems that a lot of people have had issues with Canon placing too long of holds on payment methods. My second pre-order December 2nd is still showing as processing. I read on another forum that someone placed an order from Canon USA on Dec 29th and received their lens already. How is it possible that current orders are being fulfilled before pre-orders? 

flyingron
Contributor

Ordered crom CanonUSA in mid-November and still stuck in Processing/Backordered.

Danfaz
Enthusiast

Yes. It's on the short supply list:

https://cweb.canon.jp/eos/info/supply-announcement2007/

flyingron
Contributor

Canon just hit my credit card up for the purchase price of the lens.   No change on the  order status (still backordered).  Something might be happening.

WOOP WOOP! You are one of the lucky ones for sure. Good for you. I remain in no man’s land

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If his CC was charged....  new lens day is about to happen  👏

Congrats!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

flyingron
Contributor

Unfortunately, that is NOT true.    What happens is Canon does a pending charge on order and then repeats it every 30 days (it times out in the process).     It took me two days with Canon's inane sales support to get this information.   Fortunately, Yvonne there claims I'm fairly high up on the waiting list, so the next batch that comes in should fulfill my order.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Never heard of that happening before.  Usually a charge precedes the send (fulfillment).  But if that's what you were told.  🤔

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

flyers1kak
Contributor

do you live in NY? Camera bar in Hartford CT has one of these lenses in stock as of this morning if you're interested in going for a road trip. 4 hours each way is a little too far for me

Announcements