cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6020 Unable to scan

Lisa23
Contributor

Hello. I have a Pixma TS 6020 that was purchased in 2017. It is a combination printer and scanner. All features were functioning until recently. I am running a Mac with OS Sonoma 14.1.2.. I am currently still able to print, however, I am getting error readings when I try to scan. I re-dowloaded the driver but it still doesn't scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

korn
Apprentice

I am also having this issue but no error code. It just looks like it is scanning but nothing happens. I have scanned numerous articles, pictures, records but all of a sudden it won't work. Suggestions?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Are you scanning directly from printers and scanners or are you using IJ Scan Utility? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I am using Canon IJ Scan Utility 2

Hi,

Wireless connection or USB connection? 

We look forward to your reply. 

wireless

Hi,

While there is no scanner driver for MacOS Sonoma, there is one for Ventura V13 that we can try to use as a workaround. Please click HERE and when the page opens, change the operating system to MacOS Ventura V13. Once that is done, download and install the ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0

Once the driver is reinstalled, remove the printer one more time and add it back. Then open IJ scan Utility and make sure it is listed as TS6300 series network and then try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Arthur... Happy New Year and thanks for helping! Before I try this can you tell me if I would be actually changing my Macs OS back to Ventura or is this just in the Canon settings?

Hi,

This is just changing the setting on the Canon website so you can access the scanner driver. This will not change your computer operating system in any way. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Lisa23
Contributor

Thanks.... When I clicked on your link "HERE" it just brings me back to this page so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to change the OS. Can you tell me where exactly I should change it? Lisa

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements