cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Set the PC to start scanning

Taylortori
Contributor

My PC was previously set to scan, but I'm now getting the message "set the PC to start scanning" and don't have a clue how to fix this.  I'm not savvy enough to navigate through a ton of steps.  I need something simplified. 

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have as well as the operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

MX922

Hi,

Is your computer running Windows or MacOS?

We look forward to your reply. 

If you would like to speak to someone live about this issue, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Windows.  Please if you have multiple questions necessary in order to assist me, please ask all at once.

Hi,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program running on your computer in order to scan from the operation panel of the printer. To ensure it is running, from the WINDOWS menu on your computer, select ALL APPS, then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX.

Once the program is running, please attempt to scan again.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements