cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 recognized by PC, not by EOS Utility

Luiz12
Contributor

Guys, can someone give a help?

I have a canon t6, but I can't connect to the EOS UTILITY. The pc recognizes, but the program does not.

I've already disabled Wi-Fi, I've already done everything that is yt's tutorial and nothing works. Is it the program?

Luiz12_0-1713620900365.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Luiz12 wrote:

Would it be worth testing on another computer?

Yea, if it is too much trouble.  Try different the different USB ports, too.  Using a port expander frequently causes issues and problems.  

Forum members that have built their own computer from the ground up frequently report issues, too.  Upgraded Operating Systems are generally not supported.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Luiz12!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

My Windows is 10, so I've tried several ways, changing the cable, installing old and newer software, but nothing works. My windows 10 pro 64bit.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Luiz12 wrote:

Guys, can someone give a help?

I have a canon t6, but I can't connect to the EOS UTILITY. The pc recognizes, but the program does not.

I've already disabled Wi-Fi, I've already done everything that is yt's tutorial and nothing works. Is it the program?

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  It is unusual for the computer to recognize the camera, but not tha application.  What initiations lead you to believe the computer recognizes the camera?

If you are also running the EOS Webcam Utility, then you should shut it down, as well as any other app that may try to communicate with the camera.  The camera can work with only one app at a time..

@Luiz12 wrote:

Yea, if it is too much trouble.  Try different the different USB ports, too.  Using a port expander frequently causes issues and problems.  

Forum members that have built their own computer from the ground up frequently report issues, too.  Upgraded Operating Systems are generally not supported.

My PC was the problem.

Ty 🙂

Luiz12
Contributor

On Windows it looks like this - 

Luiz12_0-1713628465884.png

Announcements