cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 B400 Error Message

ade2301
Apprentice

I have just bought a 2nd hand p1000. When I start it the print head moves along the track, but very noisily to one end then the printer stops and displays a b400 error message. any ideas what might be going on?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

B400 is a global printer error message. It doesn't describe exactly what is wrong.

Did the printer work at the location where you purchased it?

Try unplugging and cycling the power button a few times to drain any retained charge. Then plug back in and

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ade2301
Apprentice

As far as I am aware it was in working condition when I purchased it. The idiot that I got it from failed to prep it for transport so I got a printer in a box full of ink. Once i cleaned it off, and out and replaced the inks, when I started it up the print head carrier was fully across to the left hand side of the printer, it made an attempt to move across the track but seemed to jam on something in the bottom front of the head and then returned to the left and error B400 was shown. I tried pulling the head onto the track by lifting it slightly, when i restarted the printer the head travelled along the track to the maintenance cartridge side but very noisily, it then seemed to do some kind of cycling, stopped and threw up the error message again.

Maybe contact Canon support and see if there is a service facility near you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements