cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect Canon Rebel T3 As a Webcam (Black Logo Screen)

kplanitzer
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my Canon EOS Rebel T3 to my Mac mini as a webcam. My mac mini has Mac OS Monterey, and the EOS T6 Download for Canon EOS Webcam Utility. When I open my software (either Zoom or Riverside), I am able to choose EOS Webcam Utility, but when selected I get a black screen that says "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY" Sometimes with a usb cord and red X for the webcam feed. When I connect my camera to my computer via usb, the camera display screen itself turns black and the red light flashes. From there the camera will not do anything until it is turned off and back on again. If somebody could please help me it would mean a lot as I have an important call to make next monday and would very much like to have a nice quality webcam set up. Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kplanitzer
Apprentice

I have decided to purchase a capture card for connecting everything. Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It does not appear in the supported camera list, so you might have to live with what you have:

Untitled.jpg

Thank you for the response. I do understand the camera does not show up on that list, but yet I have seen several youtube videos and google articles showing how to use the EOS T3 with EOS Webcam Utility.

kplanitzer
Apprentice

I have decided to purchase a capture card for connecting everything. Thank you very much for your help.

Announcements