cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect GODOX SK300II to EOS R7

vdurra
Apprentice

I'm trying to set up a studio at work and I can't figure out how to connect the strobe to the R7.  I'm open to any suggestions - manual or otherwise.  If I can connect the two manually, I guess I need a cord?  Help! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let me get some eyes on this question for you.  I'm not real big on third party flashes with Canon bodies.  I'll ping some folks so you can get some help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

If there's a PC terminal you can use that to fire the strobe. When it comes to 3rd Party E-TTL strobes who knows if it is fully compatible. Manual strobes only require a signal to fire nothing else to make it work.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You probably need the AD-E1 multi-function hot shoe adapter. That will convert the multi-contact fingers to the standard center contact + 4 pins.

The EOS R7 has the older 5 pins for compatibility with older speedlites. All multi function hot shoe cameras have those 5 pins for legacy speedlites. EXCEPT for the EOS R50 it requires the AD-E1 hot shoe adapter. Other cameras require the adapter for weather sealed speedlites. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Afzal_BG_BR_UK
Enthusiast

With the Godox flash system, you have a choice of connectivity via a flash-synch cord or via Godox Radio triggers.

The flash-head SK300ii May have a specific radio transmitter/transceiver combination.

Although ‘most’ Godox radio triggers operate across their flash range on the 2.4ghz band.

you just need to decide on which radio trigger set you want to use based on your budget, the features available and the type of control that best suits you.

So, yes - your flash head MUST be connected some how to your camera.

Many seem to use this:- Godox X2T.

(I personally use the X-Pro). Just make sure you get the the Godox triggers that match the SK300ii.

on YouTube, there are various vids that show connectivity options for your flash head.

The synch cord option is the cheapest and undoubtably easiest quick-fix option for you.

Cameras:- 7Dii & (x2 40D)
EF:- 100mm f/2.8 macro, 50mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8
EF-s:- 55-250mm, 10-22mm, 18-55mm
Flashes:- x4 580exii, MT-24ex, Godox AD300Pro
Triggers:- x5 PW TT5s & x2 PW TT1s & x3 Godox X-Pro
Announcements