cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II B200 Error and More

Boston24
Apprentice

This is my second Cannon Pro 9000 printer. The first printer gave me a problem too with the print head. I had to buy a new printer from the company I deal with for my specialty software called Inscribe Inc. Not sure if anyone has heard of it. The second printer Cannon Pro 9000 Mark II stopped working after only 15 months. I have had a Geek Squad member come over and look at the errors. I did receive the orange blinking light 10 times and that error says that the front door is not in position. I did reset the position and that did not help. I did all of the usual things unplug eveything wait overnight etc. I did notice that when I do not put in the print head the machine turns on and lights up. Then I put the print head in and the ink and all lights up but then after a few seconds it dies. No printing nothing. I had my computer cleaned up by the geek squad too so there is nothing wrong with that. I would like to take it to a qualified dealer to have it repaired. Althuogh I did get a B200 error when I was trying to print from the Inscribe Software. The B200 indicates the print head. Does anyone know what to do next . I need this printer for the software otherwise I am out of business and have lots of their paper stock left. They have some print heads made in china and they say they do not guarentee those to work. I did see a video to take the printer apart but I do not know what to look for to fix the front door on the inside. Is there a chip or something to look for? Is there a way to bypass that front door error? If anyone knows what to do at this point I would appareciate the help.

Also I did go on line and found a company who says they can get this printhead for $280.00 but I am not sure where they are getting these if Cannon does not have any.

Thank you

Mia

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That printer model is discontinued and has been superseded by the Pro-100 (discontinued) and the new Pro-200. It looks like you might be at risk for spending $280 for a head that doesn't resolve your problem.

Canon has a program for printer discounts for folks with obsolete printers. You might want to look into that since it seems that printing is essential for your business.

Contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and speak to them.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hi Jrhoffman75

Thank you for your advice. I really need my printer to work becasue I have that special software and am locked into this company and program that needs to run off this printer at this time. I read about another person who did a reset of her computer and I might just try that.

I will keep trying to fix that front tray error too if the other does not work.

I was wondering if I could find someone to speak to at Canon support to see if when they did service those printers if they did have that problem and what was done about it. If I can find that out I can try and fix it myself. I just need to know if I took everything apart what I should look for to fix the front door error.

thanks

Mia

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I’ll assume you have spoken with the software vendor because I haven’t run across software that runs off a printer. Do they provide a custom written printer driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements