cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS6420a grid lines in print

schechka
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon TS6420a last week and there are lines in my print. I have done all the cleaning options and nothing works. There are still faint grid (both horizontal and vertical lines).  Does anyone know how to fix this? I am printing on regular white paper. Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

BTW I also changed my settings to High, here are screenshots.Screenshot (5864).pngScreenshot (5865).pngScreenshot (5866).png

Hi,

Please use the steps HERE to print a nozzle check directly from your printer. Once that is done, please take a picture of the nozzle check and attach it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I resolved the issue and the steps above show how I did it. The nozzles were not the issue. It was a windows software compatibility problem. 

I couldn't find this app..

lilnickiwonder
Apprentice

I'm having this problem too- everything I've ever printed from this printer comes out with the same lines as they showed above. I've done all the cleaning options too, and I'm on Windows 11, printing from either Google Chrome, UPDF Pro, Photos, or Silhouette Studio (a design software.) I'm using the starter Canon ink from the printer box- but I've never gotten prints without lines, still!

Any fixes for this?

It's either this or possibly just buy another printer at this point because I need a good one for my art business. I can't print art with lines going through!

did you see what I posted for a fix?   Windows photos was the problem. I opened the picture with one photo viewer (an alternative app to view photos) and then right clicked to print and the lines are gone. Go back to printing using windows photos and it is back. I also changed the quality and posted pictures to show what the settings where. No amount of cleaning is going to help it is a software issue from what I can tell.

Since this turned out to be a software problem and not mechanical as bubble pointed out, one idea is to reload/redownload printer software.  This has resolved issues for me and others that seemed mechanical.

For example, my printer seemed to have a feed problem whereas it would space out lines of print, leaving blank lines in  between.  After other troubleshooting, reinstalling the software solved it.

Whether bubble's suggestion works or mine, feedback appreciated as to which one is working for others.  Please remember to mark the suggestion that works as an Accepted Solution.

I'm a little surprised there isn't any feedback as to bubble's solution.

Moderator - And then again, what happened to the Accepted Solution button?  It doesn't appear in Chrome or Edge using Android 10.

FerociousPanda3
Apprentice

This is unfortunate, I'm wondering if you ever got that resolved? I bought one exactly like yours in 2023 and it's still printing with lines... i honestly didn't realize it was printing with them until I decided to print some canva designs. i had to go back to my homework from 2023 to inspect it and sure enough, eveything has lines... I feel like i've tried everything to correct this issue... HELLLLPPP

Announcements