cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 + DM-E100 Microphone = background noise

jpolisel
Apprentice

I attached a new DM-E100 microphone to my EOS R10 and I am very disappointed with the quality of the audio.

Recording with Audio Level set to AUTO yields a very high hissing/sizzling background noise.

Setting Audio Level to MANUAL and setting the level to 50% still yields a lot of background noise. 25% the background noise is still there but very faint, the problem is that 25% I can't barely hear people speaking in the video.

What can I expect from this microphone? I am very disappointed in which it feels like the internal microphone of the EOS R10 seems to have much better performance with clearer audio. Did I receive a defective unit?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jpolisel,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your audio quality. This microphone is fully compatible with the EOS R10. If noise from the external microphone is distracting, try placing it on the left side of the camera as far from the camera as possible. You may want to try a different microphone if possible to determine if it's an issue with the camera or the microphone itself.

Korte
Contributor

Also having issues with tons of noise and only recording with it at 50% on the camera with voice hitting around -20db.

Announcements