cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Consistently get absurdly oversaturated colors no matter what I try

lauraF
Contributor

I have uninstalled and reinstalled updated version (had same problem with previous version), new driver etc., of PPL and the printer.  I am connected via USB, I have tried ICC profile as well as driver matching.  I am printing watercolor paintings that have been scanned through a Canon V9 scanner in high resolution...  some at 300dpi, some at 600dpi.  Printing on Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte.  I am using the print side of the paper.  I have experimented with less contrast and brightness and I run pattern prints!  But overall, I end up with ultra saturated color.  Maybe it is not possible to approximate the original painting? 

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Silly me. Pro 200. Windows 10, 64 bit

Make that Windows 11 home.

lauraF
Contributor

I notice that when I set up a pattern print, what appears to be a light blue prints as a violet. It is markedly different on display than on print.  I followed the steps for display callibration on windows 11, there was maybe a 3% tweak I made- in other words, the display according to the monitor callibration was essentially spot on.  At least I may be narrowing in on the problem but still, cannot move beyond an incredibly time-consuming and expensive process to get a reasonable print. 

lauraF
Contributor

Canon support determined that it is the color spacing interface between my computer and PPL.  Outside of Canon's control.  If I can't use PPL, then what is the next best alternative?

Laura,

I am trying to understand what Canon's reply means.  Did you understand it?

Also, you wrote "It is markedly different on display than on print."  I believe that is what most of us live with, the paper print is not what we see on our monitors, not exactly.  But through trials we do come very, very close to the color that we want.    I do not have your machine and the adjustments for the Pro-100, which I use, may be different.  Good luck.  

Announcements