cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C257 Help Unregistering Serial Number from Third Party Company

TechGuyMac96
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have a imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX iR-ADV C257 that was set up with a third party company (Applied) for auto toner orders and maintenance before I started with this company. After I started, I noticed whoever set up this specific printer did it with the wrong third party company as we already had another third party company set up for all of our other printers company wide (Source). I'm in the process of trying to get away from this solo third party company (Applied) and set this specific printer up with our go to third party company (Source) so I don't have to juggle two vendors but I'm being told by our go to third party company (Source) that the current vendor still has this printers serial number registered, not allowing our go to vendor to register the printer themselves and set up auto toner orders. 

I've gone back and forth with this solo third party company but I keep getting told that none of our machines are on there "FM audit system" and that there is nothing further they can unregister.

Is there anything I can do in the Remote UI of this printer to get it unregistered? Or any additional advice I can do to get this printers serial number unregistered. I've done as much research as possible and cannot come up with a solution. 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, TechGuyMac96!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements