cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX160 IS Windows 11 compatibility

alkayak
Apprentice

I'm a low-tech guy happily using a SX160 IS camera while kayaking.  Prefer this type of camera versus smart phone for use while on the water.  It seems Canon doesn't have SX160 software for use with Windows 11 (which is the operating system on my new laptop).  I'd prefer to keep using my SX160 but wonder what my options are if this isn't possible.  Is there a Canon point and shoot similar to the SX160 that is Windows 11 compatible?   Prefer spending less than $500.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried to just plug your camera in? Windows has it's own browsing software.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you do with the software? Canon software is not needed for just downloading images.

For kayaking, I would recommend an Olympus Tough TG-7, it is available for around your price point and is water and shock proof.

Thanks, I use Canon Image Browser software to download the photos from camera to my laptop.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried to just plug your camera in? Windows has it's own browsing software.

Many thanks kvbarkley,  I never would have thought of doing that and it did the trick.  Greatly appreciate the help you provided.

Announcements