Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922 loses wireless connection

I have done exactly as recomended. Will see if it works

New Contributor

I have had the same problem with my Mac. I am using the airport time capsule. When I updated it to version 7.7.7 my issues were resolved!! Go to the airport utility and check the version and update if needed. If you are not using a time capsule then maybe your router needs updating.
Occasional Contributor

Sorry but I use windows based computer. My wifi modem is supplied by Shaw Cable
New Contributor

I went in and saw firewall setting of ipV6 and turned it to off and now my printer is communicating just fine to my IPAD and the airprint functionality.  My router provider says that this will open me up to security issues once my area goes live for ipV6.  Should I have changed this function or went in to DHCPv6 and unclicked the enabled box there and left the firewall alone?  I am pretty good with computers but all this is a little above my capability.

New Contributor

I'm also having the same issue with all three of our computers: 1) Toshiba laptop running WIn7, 2) Desktop running Win7, and 3) Acer tablet running Win10 through a wireless router, TC-Link, model TC-W7960. If more than an hour(?) passes then the printer must be power-cycled. As a side note, may not be relevant, I was not able to complete the install with any of the three computers without using the USB cable hardwired between the printer and the PCs. Once the install completed, then the wireless link was established and the USB cable was no longner required.

We had an HP wireless printer before this that worked flawlessly and that was purchased six years ago.

Mark Mays

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor