cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430 EX II Stuck at 90 degrees

Speedfast
Apprentice

My 430 EX II Stuck at 90 degrees pointing parralel to the lens. When I push the button to rotate it up to the ceiling it won't go.

If I don't push the button on the side it won't go at all. When I do push the button it will go a couple more degrees but returns to the lowest angle.

Thoughts?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Are you saying the bounce lock release button isn't working?

Sounds like its broken or failed.  No magic.  If it doesn't release when pressed, the mechanism might have failed.  I have the same flash, except mine moves.

430.png 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the diagram. That is correct.

Now, is it worth sending it out for repair or is the cost close to replacing it?

Thanks for the help.

Keh Camera has some for slightly more than $100. Looks like Canon estimates $89 for repair.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/repair?cm_sp=CSO-_-support/...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hmmm.. For the difference in price maybe I will buy new. I assume that I can use my current 430 EX II as a slave?

Thanks for the help.

Announcements