cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF605 Is remote camera control application supported for camera access point connection?

NickMDal
Enthusiast

I see how to set it up when there is a wifi connection.  Will the app work for a single camera (XF605 in my case) using the camcorder's wifi direct access point connection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NickMDal,

Unfortunately the App is not compatible with the Camera Access Point mode WiFi connection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NickMDal,

Are you asking about the Browser Remote function? That function can only be done through a router network, so it wouldn't be available when the camera is the access point. For Browser Remote to work you would connect the camera to a router with either wi-fi or an ethernet cable, have an IP address assigned to the camera, and the you can access the Browser Remote by pinging the camera's IP address on a device connected to the same network.

NickMDal
Enthusiast

Hi.  No since Browser Remote does not work on a tablet (see other recent thread).  I am referring to the Canon Multi-Camera Control App.

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NickMDal,

Unfortunately the App is not compatible with the Camera Access Point mode WiFi connection.

NickMDal
Enthusiast

Thanks for answering, though bummer!  I hope the issues with Camera Remote in a tablet are solved soon.  Can only use a tiny cell phone screen which makes touch focus difficult.0

Announcements