cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Border visible on borderless printing

jsg
Contributor

Hi,

The printer is printing beautifully.  But the borders are not correct.  When I choose borderless with a 13x19"  paper size, the left border is borderless but the right border shows.  I've tried different settings but am asking for help as I don't want to waste any more paper and ink. 

Right Border is Wrong.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jsg
Contributor

I tried that.  I found the solution; the print size of the image I was printing on 13x19 paper was slightly larger than 13x19.  I reduced it to just a few millimeters smaller than 13x19 and now borderless printing works perfectly.  It seems counterintuitive, but it works.

One more thing:  I'm using the Canon Professional Print & Layout software which I really like a lot.  It offers a lot of control over the final print.  I assume (and my experience seems to confirm) that this software overrides the settings in the Windows print driver that ships with the Pro-300.

Thanks for replying,

JG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You may need to adjust the amount of extension in the printer driver.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 084040.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jsg
Contributor

I tried that.  I found the solution; the print size of the image I was printing on 13x19 paper was slightly larger than 13x19.  I reduced it to just a few millimeters smaller than 13x19 and now borderless printing works perfectly.  It seems counterintuitive, but it works.

One more thing:  I'm using the Canon Professional Print & Layout software which I really like a lot.  It offers a lot of control over the final print.  I assume (and my experience seems to confirm) that this software overrides the settings in the Windows print driver that ships with the Pro-300.

Thanks for replying,

JG

Announcements