cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I see on my monitor doesn't match what comes out the printer. What do I do? - PIXMA PRO-100

Timages
Apprentice

How do I calibrate my monitor so that my PIXMA PRO-100 prints exactly what I see on the monitor? I have used a Colormunki Smile but it still isn't quite right. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What "other photo software"? What photo paper are you using? Is your software ICC profile aware?

Do you have Canon cameras? If so, you can download and use the free Canon DPP4 software.

Download the file from this link: PrinterEvaluationImage_V002_ProPhoto.tif

It is a standardized test image. Open the file in your photo software. Do not make any adjustments regardless of how the image looks on screen.

Print the time, selecting the proper settings for the paper you are using.

How does the image look?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

More details are needed:

• What computer and operating system are you using?
  • What software are you using to print?
  • And what are you printing? If a photo, was a color chart captured?

Basically, we need to follow everything in the color workflow chain you have set up and find what point (or points)  are problematic.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Windows 10, ASUS G73S (it's a 12 year old gaming laptop but runs great), I use a couple photo programs; Canon's old Photo Record (it does things I like). I print photos. I don't know about "color charts". If I use other photo software the problem is the same. I'm wasting expensive paper and ink trying to guess and compensate for the mismatch.

What "other photo software"? What photo paper are you using? Is your software ICC profile aware?

Do you have Canon cameras? If so, you can download and use the free Canon DPP4 software.

Download the file from this link: PrinterEvaluationImage_V002_ProPhoto.tif

It is a standardized test image. Open the file in your photo software. Do not make any adjustments regardless of how the image looks on screen.

Print the time, selecting the proper settings for the paper you are using.

How does the image look?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well it looks great, oddly. I used DPP4 and the old Canon Photo Record to print the evaluation image and it looks fine on both. And they match the laptop image too. Weird. I will keep that evaluation image around for future reference.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements