cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 9500 Mark 2 bricked in Big Sur update

kulajon
Apprentice

I know, everyone will be saying the 9500 Mark 2 is outdated and yes you're right. I just don't have the money to drop on a new one right now. Does anyone have a workaround to get the driver installed? It disappeared when I updated to Big Sur and the Driver will not load from the file. Very frustrating. Any help, besides "buy a new printer", would be appreciated. I really like this printer a lot. It prints wonderfully. Thanksscreenshot_63.png

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer is not "bricked".  Bricking occurs when a software or firmware update fails to install or complete successfully leaving a device unable to boot or run.

Your printer is simply not compatible with OS Big Sur.  Drivers wil not be developed due to its age or hardware compatibility with a more modern OS.  

There is no majic wand here.  Your options.  Use with a compatible operating system or upgrade.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, I kind of figured that already but I was looking for a workaround or second party driver.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

We see thes posts often. Usually around October (when Apple releases a macOS upgrade).

Sometimes the situtaion is unavoidable (i.e. a new computer is purchased), but when a decision is being made to upgrade an OS it is important to determine if all your equipment will be compatible and decide if the OS upgrade provides new features that offset the need for possibly needing new equipment.

One thing that can be checked is the update history by Canon. In the case of the 9500 Mark II the last driver update was in 2017.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements