cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues printing pink on Canon Pixma Pro 200

KMaxB
Contributor

I have been using Canon Pixma Pro 100 up until a few days ago… but it's finally given up on me so I'm now using a Canon Pixma Pro 200. I'm having issues with printing the colour Pink. It comes out a very definite purple. I have downloaded the ICC profile for the paper I'm using and have ignored the printer settings and selected appropriate Photoshop settings instead. The only workaround I have found is to adjust the pink colour in Photoshop by changing the hue/ saturation. But this has meant a lot of experimenting and wasting a lot of good paper and ink. I have even tried printing from my desktop Mac (I had previously been printing wirelessly from my MacBook Air) and using the USB cable (after seeing a thread about USB printing. having better results). Both give the same purple colour instead of pink. Please tell me there is an easy solution? The Pro 100 just worked perfectly! I never had any issues with colours when using that printer.

4 REPLIES 4

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, KMaxB!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of MacOS are you using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

KMaxB
Contributor

I am using MacBook Air, running MacOS Sonoma v14.0.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. have you run a nozzle check?

2. have you confirmed that you have the Canon IJ Series driver and not the Apple AirPrint driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

KMaxB
Contributor

Hi… I have made sure it's not using AirPrint (after seeing a lot of people suggesting this in other threads). But haven't tried a nozzle check. I will try this later today. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll update once Ive done this.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements