cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color problems with Canon Pixma PRO-10

mccarthyc1
Apprentice

I have owned this Canon Pixma Pro 10 for almost a decade now with very little use because I’ve never been successful in getting it to print colors properly. I am a stationer and was hoping to use it to print invitations, but the only time I’ve ever been successful with it is printing photos of my kids on canon photo paper. The printer has been sitting for quite some time, but I’m trying to give it a go again and have purchased all new ink tanks and have ran a deep clean on my print heads. The only color that is currently printing is blue. Please help. IMG_5365.png

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@mccarthyc1 wrote:

I have owned this Canon Pixma Pro 10 for almost a decade now with very little use because I’ve never been successful in getting it to print colors properly. I am a stationer and was hoping to use it to print invitations, but the only time I’ve ever been successful with it is printing photos of my kids on canon photo paper. The printer has been sitting for quite some time, but I’m trying to give it a go again and have purchased all new ink tanks and have ran a deep clean on my print heads. The only color that is currently printing is blue. Please help. IMG_5365.png

Looks like you have a clogged print head. Try running multiple deep cleanings via the Maintenance section of the driver.

If that doesn't work you could try some of the head cleaning processes you find on YouTube.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, thank you, John! I’ve tried running two deep cleans through the utility setting. I will try more tomorrow to see if it will resolve. 

From what I have seen posted here by others, if you aren't seeing any changes after two deep cleanings you will be needed a more aggressive approach. 

Seems the water/windex cleaning can work. I've also seen where a waterpik can work.

Good luck. It is a great printer if you can get it back into service.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements