cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Pixma Pro-100 Error 1415 An ink tank cannot be recognized.

carlalynn613
Apprentice

My printer is showing the error 1415 An ink tank cannot be recognized. When I follow the instructions to open the top and replace the ink tank that is blinking... well all the ink tanks are a solid red. I have powered off and on, I have removed the ink tanks and put them back in. Not sure what to do next.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Solid red means the printer thinks a cartridge is empty. 

Try removing and reseating the print head.

Canon Knowledge Base - Reinstall the Print Head - PIXMA PRO-10, PRO-100

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thank you for your assistance. I followed the instructions but they are still all red. Do I need to clean the print head?

Sounds like an electrical problem. It could be a failed print head. I think you have nothing to lose by trying to clean it. I have never had to do that, but there are lots of YouTube videos on how to do it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It is giving me a support code: 1415 An ink tank cannot be recognized. Open the printer's cover and replace the ink tank in which the ink lamp is off. All the ink tanks are a solid red.

It is giving me a support code: 1415 An ink tank cannot be recognized. Open the printer's cover and replace the ink tank in which the ink lamp is off. All the ink tanks are a solid red.

carlalynn613_0-1689171592297.png

Announcements