Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonoma & MF743 driver/compatability

thesaleslearner
Contributor

Installed Sonoma OS on Mac last night

Today my Canon MF743 works intermittently

Seems to be able to handle single page docs... but when I try to print multiple pages the Print Center shows that the printer is "waiting"

Called Canon and Apple twice today - no one seems able to figure it out

And yes... we've removed and re-installed the driver multiple times

Any clues???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesaleslearner
Contributor

resetting the IP address and reinstalling the expanded print drivers - am guessing everyone's situation is different and wouldn't suggest this as a blanket fix

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

gkhairallah
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I have a MF733Cdw, with the same symptoms. Tried it with 2 different Macs with Sonoma, same issue, I send a print job, and it looks like it's printing but then the job gets stuck in the print queue. The printer queue itself doesn't see it, so the issue seems to be between the driver and the print queue. 

I have tried removing the drivers and installing the latest ones, which state on the site that they support Sonoma, but I think there is an issue with them. 

I have even tried to change the print drivers from CUPS, with the same results. 

Every so often, restarting the machine would release a pending job and sends it to the printer, but more often it just doesn't print. It's very frustrating. Any way we can get a solution? the printer is an older model, not sure what's the best way to contact Canon support? is the phone number the best way? or do we need a Carepak to ask the question?

I called Canon at (800) 652-2666 and they did a great job helping me troubleshoot and get things working again. 

great! Thanks! I will give them a call! glad things are up and running for you! 

And that solution is.... ?

thesaleslearner
Contributor

resetting the IP address and reinstalling the expanded print drivers - am guessing everyone's situation is different and wouldn't suggest this as a blanket fix

What does re-installing the expanded print drivers? I can't find any updated drivers for Sonoma

Announcements