cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 - Error received "Setup needs to be updated" MacOS Ventura v13.5

allyott
Apprentice

hi,

I have reset my wifi services and now trying to add my Pixma MX492 printer using my Mac with MacOS Ventura v13.5. I have the driver itself up to date.

When I tried to follow the instructions and install the setup file on my Mac, it says "setup needs to be updated" by developer. Please help me as there is no way to use my printer now - even though the wifi network is correct it's not being found. Please share the complete instructions for this fix.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

sushiandboba
Apprentice

I'm having this exact issue! I recently moved but using the same modem and router. But now my printer will not connect to my wifi.

My printer will not detect my wifi network either. I tried to manually enter it into the printer and it cannot find it. WPS method also does not work as it just times out. 

Canon, please help! Please update the setup file!

Hi,

Try disabling the IPV6 setting on the printer if your network does not appear during the manual network connect option. Please click HERE for the steps. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My printer is connecting to the network without a problem. I even did the printout to make sure. Still neither of the two laptops I have nor my phone can find the air printer. 

Announcements