cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new MG3620 gives alarm goes off then pressing and holding wifi.

shatterstar6457
Apprentice

Brand new MG3620 gives alarm goes off then pressing and holding wifi when I attempt to setup the printer. Now this is a 2nd printer that is identical to the first I owned, which I tossed cause it was giving a service needed notification. So I bought another mgs3620 (this one in question), deleted the printer drivers from the first and tried to setup via the install/driver software, but it will not recognise the printer on the network. When I press and hold the wifi button, I get 3 single alarm blinks. I have tried the initialize method (hold stop for 21 single alarm blinks, then turn off, then unplug for at least 10 mins), but that doesn't work either. Please help, and thank you in advanced.

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi shatterstar6457,

Three flashes of the alarm light normally indicates a paper jam, but at this point of the setup, it is more likely that the paper output tray is not open.  Please refer to steps 4-4 and 4-5 of the Getting Started Guide for opening the paper output tray.  Once the error is cleared, you should be able to continue the wireless setup.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements