cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 printer can't send fax. Get error #18 (line busy). Dials number but no dial tone.

DJDiMaria
Apprentice

PIXMA MX922 printer can't send a FAX out. I have tired all the obvious fixes with no success. I can hear the number being dialed, but hear no dial tone. Is there any software fix for this or do I have to get a new printer.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi DJDiMaria,

To try and resolve the issue, please ensure that the line coming from your telephone jack is plugged into the LINE jack on the back of the unit.  Once this is done, please press the HOOK button on the unit (the button that is to the bottom left of the green START button on the printer) to see if you hear a dial tone.  If you hear a dial tone, please attempt to fax again.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements