cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx70hs blurry bat photos

jmesar
Contributor

Hello, 
Using a cheap sr501 IR proximity sensor triggering the camera, I try to take bats photos (sx70hs and tripode), with and without IS, alwaly the photos are blurry.  Also flash auto or manual / maximun/ medium / minumun same result.

Have anyone taken bats photos with SX70HS? What seting?IMG_1831.JPGIMG_3032.JPGgs?

15 REPLIES 15

Strange.  Your file sizes and resolution are on the small side.  Your most recent photo has a resolution of 999x 749 at 121 kBytes.  Your files can be as large as 4.5 MBytes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jmesar_0-1661951669963.png

I suggest that you try to save the image that is posted in the forum.  Not only does it have a different size, it also has a different file name.

Perhaps the forum interface somehow modify the photo, the photo have no crop and no photoshop..... my sx70hs only take sharp photos at full sun or midday, look at this other photo..... by now, i made my mind and I will upgrade to EOS R7 (and resurect my old FD lenses).... When Body only will be avalialble, do you by any chase know when R7 be back?Chachalaca [Ortalis Columbiana]3.JPG

IMG_8338.JPG

@jmesar wrote:

Perhaps the forum interface somehow modify the photo, the photo have no crop and no photoshop..... my sx70hs only take sharp photos at full sun or midday, look at this other photo..... by now, i made my mind and I will upgrade to EOS R7 (and resurect my old FD lenses).... When Body only will be avalialble, do you by any chase know when R7 be back?

While the forum may resize images that exceed 5MB, it does not RENAME the files during this process.  If the specs you posted are for the RAW file, then I suggest you re-examine your work flow for creating JPG files.

Are you transferring images to another device, like a smart phone where they get renamed, after creating the JPG files before you upload them to the forum?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If there is sufficient light to use AF at 6pm, why not use the AF?

How tightly cropped are your posted photos?  I am reading 999 x 666.

Announcements