cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Remove Battery from a Canon G9X Point-and-Shoot Camera

pkazmercyk
Apprentice

I seem to have gotten the little "hook" that I think should be on the side of the battery on top of the battery and that's preventing me from removing the battery. Unless I'm missing something, that hook should not be where it is.  In any case, that hook won't budge. Please see photo. Canon.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I believe that in the image the orange tab should be there to hold the battery in place.  It looks very much to me like it is attached to a spring, so pulling the tab to the right (in the photo) would be similar to other mechanism.

I am curious why there is a coloured material around the battery - this is not normal for a Canon battery.  So, is it a 3rd party battery or have you put the tape on for some reason?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you rotate the battery door to a different angle > towards close, does the hook mechanism move at all?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Unfortunately, no.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does the presence of what looks like duct tape on the battery contribute to or cause the problem? Is that an true Canon brand battery?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi. Thanks for the help. That's the coloring of the off-brand battery, not duct tape.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I believe that in the image the orange tab should be there to hold the battery in place.  It looks very much to me like it is attached to a spring, so pulling the tab to the right (in the photo) would be similar to other mechanism.

I am curious why there is a coloured material around the battery - this is not normal for a Canon battery.  So, is it a 3rd party battery or have you put the tape on for some reason?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

You are absolutely correct! I haven't used the camera in a few years and stupidly forgot about removing the battery. Thank you to everyone for the quick replies and help.

Glad you are sorted!

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements