cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default to dye base ink instead of pigment

learned
Apprentice

I have a Pixma iX6520.  When I print business cards or hand outs is there any way to print the text by using the dye base black ink (226 cartridge) and not the pigment base black ink (225 cartridge)?  This would lower the chance of bleeding if the cardstock get wet.  Currently I am printing all text in green color which uses dye base ink but it makes it look like money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi learned,

When a photo paper or paper type other than plain paper is selected, the printer will automatically use a combination of the dye-based color inks in the printer to produce the text and imagery on the page; the pigment ink is not used.  There is not a way to have the printer print using the CLI-226BK ink tank in the unit exclusively. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

learned
Apprentice

I have a Pixma Ix6520.  When printing business cards or note cards on heavy matte photo stock the photos are fine but the text bleeds if it gets wet.  Is there any was to switch the settings from automatically wsing the black pigment ink (225 cartridge) to the black dye base ink (226 cartridge) when I print?

Ramona
Authority

Hi learned,

When a photo paper or paper type other than plain paper is selected, the printer will automatically use a combination of the dye-based color inks in the printer to produce the text and imagery on the page; the pigment ink is not used.  There is not a way to have the printer print using the CLI-226BK ink tank in the unit exclusively. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help.  I need to do some experimenting with my printing to pin point the best solution.  I appreciate you answering my question.

Announcements