cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off wireless set up

Baymare
Apprentice

Canon MG6320

Someone hit the WLAN set up on the touch screen. Now the WiFi light on the printer is on all the time & I can't figure out how to turn it off.  We don't have WiFi.

The closest I could find in the manual said to go to "IJ Network tool" in All programs/Canon/Utilities, but I don't have that.

How to exit set up & turn the light off?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Baymare,

To disable the Wireless LAN on your printer, follow these steps:

1. Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup.
  2. Tap Device settings.
  3. Then LAN settings.
  4. And finally Disable LAN.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Baymare,

To disable the Wireless LAN on your printer, follow these steps:

1. Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup.
  2. Tap Device settings.
  3. Then LAN settings.
  4. And finally Disable LAN.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Victory! I didn't have Disable LAN directly in LAN settings. It was in change Wireless/Wired, though. Thank you MarkII. This page is bookmarked for the future.

Hi Baymare!

Help your fellow Canon Forum members. Click the "Accept as Solution" button if your question was answered to your satisfaction!

Great solution, it worked! Thank you.

Not able to set up scanning.  I'm trying to disable the wireless LAN on my D1650 because all of the setups seem to go to the wireless, and I have a USB connection to my PC. When I go to menu/preferences/network I don't see any off/on selection available.  It seems to be disabled (but hard to confirm) when I select "direct connection".  Is that USB?  Regardless, the scanner does not appear in Windows and the scan software if for scanning "from the PC" and I want to scan while at the scanner.  

All software/drivers are the latest versions.  

Thanks!

Ed

Ignore ... finally found scanner and it's connected via USB.  Now on to the mysterious RemoteUI.  Hope it's all worth it.  Printing is great, but scanner setup has been a nightmare.  My sheet scanner (EPSON D-510) was not much more than load software and plug in.  

Announcements