cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF726Cdw Print jobs getting stuck in queue

jjtortillas
Apprentice

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with this.  I have an existing Windows 10 Asus laptop that prints to our Canon Image Class, flawlessly.  Just purchased a new Windows 11 Asus laptop and kept getting an error notification when printing and noticed print jobs getting stuck in the queue.  Thought maybe it was Windows 11, so returned that laptop and purchased a Windows 10 laptop.  Now, getting the same error.  Jobs getting stuck in the queue.  

I just noticed on my new laptop, when printing in Excel, in "Printer Properties" it looks much different depending what laptop I'm using.  My older laptop, it is very detailed.  In my new laptop, it is very generic.  See screenshots.canon new laptop.jpgcanon old laptop.jpg

Could someone please provide some insight?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your revised post, it appears that you do not have the printer's drivers installed.  This is likely the reason for your issue on both devices and why the print dialog looks different from one device to another.  

To resolve, please remove the printer from your computer and restart the system. 

Run the full MF installer I provided a link to, then install the MF Scan Utility.

During the installations, you will be prompted to allow the programs to make exception in Windows firewall.  This is necessary for proper installation.

Let us know if you have further issues.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer is fully supported under W11.  How is the printer connected and to what?  

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf726cdw

The full MF drivers package v4.803 are identical for Windows 10 and W11.  Is this the one you are using for install?

shadowsports_0-1710034355699.png

This and the MF Scan Utility v1.21.0.2 are what I'd use.

shadowsports_1-1710034803541.png

Please describe what jobs are getting stuck in the queue?  All jobs, one type of job or file?  Only happens when you print from a specific application, etc?

Do you have any 3rd party anti-virus software installed, other than windows security? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

So, on my new laptop (Windows 10) I am simply adding the printer in "Printers & Scanners" "add a printer or scanner".  I don't recall how I installed on my older laptop, which is also Windows 10.  Should I install the drives from the website?

Do you see those screen shots above?  Maybe that will help.

Sometimes it prints, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm mainly printing in Word and Excel.  But it is acting the same way with my Windows 11 laptop, which I returned thinking Win 11 was the issue.  I'll go to print and I'll get an error message and basically the job just stays in the queue.  

Also, when I print color, I notice the quality is better on the older laptop than on the new one which gets the errors.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your revised post, it appears that you do not have the printer's drivers installed.  This is likely the reason for your issue on both devices and why the print dialog looks different from one device to another.  

To resolve, please remove the printer from your computer and restart the system. 

Run the full MF installer I provided a link to, then install the MF Scan Utility.

During the installations, you will be prompted to allow the programs to make exception in Windows firewall.  This is necessary for proper installation.

Let us know if you have further issues.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, you are correct.  Thank you so much!  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements