cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF654Cdw Model number of printer not listed on laptop

Smaughvd
Apprentice

I bought a Canon image class MF654Cdw printer. When trying to connect it to my laptop, it is not listed. What must I do? When I type in the model number, it comes up as incorrect. I'm so frustrated! Been trying to do this for the past 2 hours.

2 REPLIES 2

betty4920taylor
Apprentice

Hello @Smaughvd,

Verify that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. Make sure all cables are securely plugged in. Ensure that the printer is turned on and there are no error messages or blinking lights indicating an issue.
If you’re trying to connect wirelessly, ensure that Network Discovery is enabled on your laptop. This allows your computer to detect devices on the network. To enable Network Discovery: Click the Settings icon in the start menu. Select Devices -> Connected Devices -> Device Manager. Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right-click USB Printing Support (if it’s in the list), click Uninstall, then click OK. Hold down the Shift Key and shut down your computer. Restart your computer and retry the printer setup.
Remember, patience is key! Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your printer connected successfully.

Best Regards,
Feline blog

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings smaughvd,

Welcome to the community.  Please tell us the OS you are using the printer with. Version and build?

Also the connection type: How are you connecting the device?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements