cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF244dw Clearing Non-volatile memory

SeekingInfo
Apprentice

I have an older Image Class mf244dw I want to sell (still in great shape, it could be useful for someone). I will do the System Mgmt>Initialize Data but that doesn't clear the RAM Non-volatile memory. I was going to print 10 documents with images in it to clear it. Will this be enough to overwrite the RAM? I will then do the Initialize data thing. This model doesn't have a hard drive, right? I don't think so as it wasn't a business printer or laser.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

You can initialize the settings/data using the steps in the link found HERE and turn the printer off and on to clear the memory. Once the printer comes back up, the memory is clear. That feature is designed to remove all data and it should be safe to sell. For help with the initializing settings or for help checking for any saved information, you can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

SeekingInfo
Apprentice

Thanks! So I read that and it says I can reset all my settings by doing this:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1394-zz-SS-enUV/contents/SS244_maintenance_238initializingmenu.html#1...

So that, along with turning it off (it is off most of the time), and printing my pages with tons of images, should do it. Thanks!

Announcements