cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF216n Error E225-0001 after power surge

mollymaxjake
Apprentice

Recently had a power surge during a storm that turned off power for about an hour. When power returned, the printer display showed this message: "TURN THE MAIN POWER OFF/ON. E225-0001. IF THE DEVICE DOES NOT RECOVER, CONTACT YOUR DEALER..."  Repeated recovery attempts have been unsuccessful. Has anyone ever had this happen and, if so, what was the resolution? I purchased this printer in 2015 and the local repair shop (small town) doesn't service printers. 

5 REPLIES 5

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

Not sure this will work. Turn it off then pull the plug. wait for a bit and try it. 

mollymaxjake
Apprentice

Nope, didn't work, same error message displayed. I think I'll probably just buy a new printer  :>(  .  Bummer. 

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

Sorry! did you try tech support?

mollymaxjake
Apprentice

I tried that once and got no reply, but I'll try again---thanks for reminding me. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

The error would point to a problem with the hardware at this point. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If the error does not clear when the printer turns back on, it looks like the hardware is damaged. 

Announcements