cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install the driver- IJ driver installer has stopped working

tatealex
Apprentice

IJ driver installer has stopped working when downloading the driver for PIXMA MX 892 in Windows 10 version 1511 for 64 based system

Windows informs that:" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, etc."Smiley Sad

28 REPLIES 28

Tried:-

Windows XP

Windows 7

Windows 8.1 

Compatability modes, makes no difference.  Or running as Admin.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

RDHuff
Apprentice

I had the same problem. I had recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and had a lot of problems. Win 10 did install but with limited funtionality (but that's another story).Finally, I did a clean install on top of the broken Win10 installation. At that point I didn't have the drivers for my Pixma MX922 installed. Now under the "broken" Win 10 install, some things didn't work but the MX922 printer and scanner worked fine. But before installing the printer drivers in the new "working"  Win 10, I upgraded to the 1511 build released in November. Bad move. Then, the MX922 drivers would not install using the wi-fi installation procedure, just as posted by others here.

I tried several different solutions including installing using the USB cable, and that worked. But, of course, I couldn't use the printer through the wi-fi connection. So, I decided to bite the bullet and restore Win 10 back to the pre-1511 upgrade. That worked and only took a few minutes. I installed the MX922 drivers via wi-fi and that worked just fine. I then re-installed the 1511 upgrade and now everything is working perfectly.

This is not a fix but it is a workaround and maybe the best solution until MS and Canon get their problem fixed.

MaximumFish
Contributor

So I've raised a ticket at Michael's request, linking them to this thread, but it appears to be stuck in first level hell.

They clearly haven't read the thread and are insisting that uninstalling and reinstalling the driver will fix the issue. Meanwhile I'm apparently talking to a brick wall, getting angrier and angrier, trying in vain to get them to raise the ticket to someone who can actually help.

Infuriating!

@MaximumFish wrote:

So I've raised a ticket at Michael's request, linking them to this thread, but it appears to be stuck in first level hell.

They clearly haven't read the thread and are insisting that uninstalling and reinstalling the driver will fix the issue. Meanwhile I'm apparently talking to a brick wall, getting angrier and angrier, trying in vain to get them to raise the ticket to someone who can actually help.

Infuriating!

Clearly, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver will not fix the problem. I did that several times, deleting the pinter first and then uninstalling all the Canon drivers and other software.

MaximumFish
Contributor

Now they're claiming that build 1511 is an Insider build and that "Canon only supports the most current consumer build which is 10240". Needless to say I've endevoured to put them straight.

MaximumFish
Contributor

I finally got someone on the ticket who seems to know what's going on, and said they're aware of an issue. He asked that I try a USB and report back so I've done that (it worked), and offered to test any potential fixes. I'll post back as to what transpires.

MaximumFish
Contributor

And now they think that printing via USB is a perfectly suitable solution:

"I am pleased to learn that installation using a USB cable was successful, and you are able to print and scan.  At this time, there is no new information available regarding any fixes related to installation problems.  Any troubleshooting would be done on a case by case basis.

If you have any further concerns, please let us know.  Thank you for choosing Canon."

Yes I have further concerns! And surely "troubleshooting on a case by case basis" is the entire point of raising a support ticket?!

This is a joke.

Saturn
Apprentice

The installation is now working for me with no issues. I'm able to use everything. I assume the last W10 update fixed whatever was the problem.

I just tried again, network configuration driver install with all latest updates installed, same failure as before.

Announcements