cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really unhappy with the way setup went

MichaelThomas-N
Apprentice

I purchased my Cannon MB2160 Maxima Printer in New Zealand (I'm recently immigrated from the U.S.) and I was expecting to be happy with the purchase, but I give Cannon a big two-thumbs-down.

Came out of the box and I couldn't get passed a stupid error code 2110 (wrong size setting in the paper cassette) - even though it wasn't!  And when I looked online, I saw dozens and dozens of people just as frustrated!  After wasting about 45 minutes looking online for a simple reasonable solution and finding long convoluted descriptions of how to fix it (even the other unhappy customers didn't find these solutions useful), I finally decided to read, re-read and ponder what the very short message was.  I found a way to simply disable the message.  NOTE, I didn't FIX the problem, I only found a way AROUND the problem!  The next day, I was in the store, when i found two other customers in there talking with the rep about the difficulty and I told them about my "workaround" and the customers were SO happy that SOMEONE figured it out.  I told them the steps, and the reps in the store wrote it down, because they said that unfortunately, other folks had also complained about it.  

I made a full day without any more errors, but alas... now it wants a firmware update... no instructions on how to do it... only the lame unhelpful notice that I need to do it, and oh, by the way, I can't print anything unless I physically walk to the machine override the error then try to print again!  

I went onto this community and some gentleman gave explicit directions on how to fix it.   The reality is that the tiny little screen interface APPEARS to only have 4 options!  When in fact, you can move DOWN below the options on the screen (no visual queuing that this is possible), so I was able to follow through and get the firmware update.   And HOPEFULLY, by the time I finish this email, my printer will work again for another 24 hours!  

Cannon, be honest, did you kill your usability and QA engineers, or did you just ignore them?  

Thanks for making the rather simple process of printing into a wonderfully frustrating experience!

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, MichaelThomas-N!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live in New Zealand, please click HERE to find help from our partners at Canon New Zealand.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements