cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify will not eject ink cartridge

jhbennett
Apprentice
I installed a remanufactured black ink cartridge. It worked fine but now that it is empty, the ink indicator just shows a "?" and will not center on the black cartridge so I can replace it. What can I do?
5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, jhbennett!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ksh
Apprentice

Did you ever get an answer to this .... I see Canon gave you the run around.  I am having the same problem.  And I'm sure it's because I used a non-canon brand ink cartridge.  

This will be the last time I buy a canon printer if it will freeze up the printer like this with no community support or a way to get the cartridge out of the printer.  

Stupid Canon....

Hi ksh,

There is no runaround. You'll need to call to talk to a support representative to find out what's causing the issue -- why the printer is refusing to allow you to remove the ink tank. 

Our support team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Support at Canon USA is always free, and our people are all right here in the United States. 

I did get it to come out by using a way that someone else posted.  I'm so not happy with the last two cannon printers I have bought.  The last one did the same thing and there was no getting that out of there.  This one I got it out but even though I have a cannon ink cartridge in there it keeps cloggin up.  And I keep having to clean it which means the other colors are now showing that they are running low even through I just put new ones in of every color.  GRRRRR  lots of frustration... The next printer will not be Canon... I will go back to lexmark or some other brand that allows you to use off brand ink as well as refilling your own tanks.  Not a slave to Canon anymore.  

Announcements